All YOU NEED is LOVE ... Rockhampton wedding photographer
Love Is All You Need THE WORK OF ABIA Finalists 2017
Rockhampton Qld. Same Sex Wedding Styled Shoot
As published on NOUBA!
Styled Shoot by Central Qld’s Premier Wedding Vendors
- Styling, Flowers & Hire - Lilly & Lotus Events … Danielle Hempseed … http://www.lillyandlotusevents.com.au/
- Wedding Photography – Capture The Moment Photography … Carissa Cross http://www.capture-t-moment.com/
- Hair – NG Hair … Natalie Giles … https://www.facebook.com/NGNatalieGiles/
- Make Up - Pro Make Up Studio … Kylie Sefton … https://www.facebook.com/promakeupstudio01/
- Gowns – Judy Copley Couture … http://www.judycopleycouture.com/
- Flowers – Florals By Lilly & Lotus … Danielle Hempseed … https://www.facebook.com/LLFlorals/
Marriage equality is at the forefront of everyone’s minds within the wedding industry at the moment & it’s something that we, collectively are very passionate about. We were thrilled when we decided to style a same sex shoot.
We wanted the styling to be earthy, organic & warm while being somewhat whimsical because, for couples like Kat & Kirsten, marriage equality would be a dream come true. The autumn tones were chosen to represent the change of season & the shift in mindset towards marriage equality and same-sex relationships. We feel that the law change is only around the corner... with the change of season.
The location chosen is representative of being wild & free & the freedom that all couples should be able to choose whether they marry or not. After all, who are we, or anyone else for that matter, to decide who's love is worth more than someone else’s? The log pile/trees that were felled by man are indicative of the heartbreak and destruction that same-sex couples face when the marriage equality laws are not passed again & again & the topless shots are to show how these couples are stripped of their rights & their value in the community.
The log pile/trees that were felled by man are indicative of the heartbreak and destruction that same-sex couples face when the marriage equality laws are not passed again & again & the topless shots are to show how these couples are stripped of their rights & their value in the community. The floral waterfall is to represent love flowing freely, seeping out of every pore.
I personally would like to thank such a wonderful, professional and crazy fun team! We had such an amazing day! So talented and passionate for the wedding industry, I'm sure you will agree, shown in these beautiful images!
Love Carissa xx
- Bridal Accessories – Something Different Shop … Kate Gordon … https://www.instagram.com/something_different_shop/
- Crown - Judy Copley Couture … http://www.judycopleycouture.com/
- Wedding Cake – Sprinkle Me Bakery… https://www.facebook.com/sprinklemebakery/
- Stationary – Hey Ya Creative Design … http://www.heyya.com.au/
- Models - Tayla, Drew, Kirsten and Kat
[This post is written with the help of Danielle - Lilly and Lotus]